- February 24, 2015: deadline to submit pre-proposals for USDA’s Conservation Innovation Grants for “environmental markets and conservation projects that engage agricultural producers.” Details: http://go.usa.gov/4Kvx Sylvia Rainford 202/720-2536.
- February 27, 2015 deadline for Conservation Stewardship Program for ranchers and forest landowners. Applications should be submitted to local Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) offices. Details: www.nrcs.usda.gov/GetStarted
- February 27, 2015, deadline to submit Federal Specialty Crop Block Grant proposals to Morgan Sheffield, PDA Bureau of Market Development 717/787-3568.
- March 2, 2015: Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence for “projects that promote environmental stewardship and economic development in the state.” Projects must have been completed between August 1, 2013 and July 31, 2014. Example areas: Innovative Technology; Energy Solutions; Environmental Education; Watershed Restoration. Only electronic nominations (including self) will be accepted. Details: http://files.dep.state.pa.us/AboutDEP/AwardsAndInnovation/GovernorAwardForEnvExcellence/2015%20GAEE%20Guidelines%20Final.pdf
- March 9, 2015: deadline for Resource Enhancement and Protection (REAP) program. REAP provides tax credits to agricultural producers who install best management practices or purchase on-farm no-till equipment that reduces soil erosion and sedimentation in PA’s streams and rivers. Applications are available at www.pda.state.pa.us/REAP under ‘Forms’ or Joel Semke, State Conservation Commission 717/705-4032.
- March 15, 2015: Crop Insurance enrollment deadline for new AGR-Lite whole farm revenue new applications; spring barley, corn, forage seeding (spring), grain sorghum, oats (spring), soybeans, tobacco. (Thanks to Penn State Professor of Agricultural Economics Jayson Harper) PDA contact is Jordan Stasyszn 717/6901